7 Health Benefits of Quinoa
Did you ever imagine, some seeds which are also considered as whole grain can be loaded with hell lot of benefits related to health and weight loss? Yes its possible, Quinoa will give you all these benefits. It is considered as super food by some.By just adding quinoa in your diet can change you in an amazing way.
Around 5000 years ago, high in the Andes mountains, the Incas began to cultivate quinoa as one of their staple crops, believing that it gave power and stamina to their warriors.
While Quinoa is usually considered to be a whole grain, it is actually a seed, but can be prepared like whole grains such as rice and barley. Of all the whole grains , quinoa has the highest protein content, so its perfect for vegetarians and vegans.. Quinoa is a gluten free and cholesterol free whole grain, and is almost always organic.
Have a look on detailed 7 Health Benefits Of Quinoa
1. Quinoa is one of the most protein rich foods, we can eat: It is a complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids.
2. Quinoa contains almost twice as much fiber as most other grains: Fiber is mostly widely known to relieve constipation. It also helps to prevent heart disease by reducing high blood pressure and diabetes. It helps in shedding extra pounds.
3. Quinoa contains Iron: Iron helps keep our red blood cells healthy and is the basis of hemoglobin formation. Iron also increase brain function because the brain takes in about 20% of our blood oxygen.
4. Quinoa contains lysine: Lysine is mainly essential for tissue growth and repair.
5. Quinoa is rich in magnesium: Magnesium helps to relax blood vessels and t alleviate migraines. Magnesium also reduce Type 2 diabetes by promoting healthy blood sugar level.
6. Quinoa is high in Riboflavin (B2): B2 improves energy metabolism within brain and muscle cells and is known to create proper energy production in cells.
7. Quinoa has a high content of manganese: Manganese is an antioxidant, which helps to prevent damage of mitochondria during energy production a well as protect red blood cells and other cells from injury by free radicals.
Nutritional content of Quinoa
1/3 cup of cooked quinoa has
Calories : 160
Fat : 2.5gms
How to cook Quinoa
Prepare quinoa as you would prepare rice. Cover it with water and boil until soft, about 15 minutes. Or, place 1 part quinoa to 2 parts water in the rice cooker.
You can easily find a lot of recipes on the internet, so add this nutritious and healthy grain in your diet.
Since it is high in protein and gluten free, it can be added to any vegetarian or vegan diet.
It taste wonderful and its delicate texture have made it popular substitute of for starchy pasta and rice. Quinoa can be eaten with curry, grilled vegetables or braised meat. In roasted form , It could be added in salads, or yogurt fruits snacks.
This is how it looks when cooked –
Basic Quinoa Facts
How much cooked quinoa does 1 cup dry quinoa yield?
1 cup Dry quinoa yields about 3 cups cooked quinoa.
How do I make quinoa less bitter?
Nearly, if not all, of the natural; bitterness of quinoa’s outer coating can be removed by a vigorous rinsing in a mesh strainer.
How do I make better- tasting quinoa?
Quinoa is really excellent when cooked with vegetable or chicken broth. Also add 1/4 teaspoon salt to each cup dried quinoa when cooking, try adding other spices aromatics during cooking as well.
Image Source –1 ,2
You may also like reading –
10 Health Benefits Of PapayaHealth Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water Every Morning11 Health Benefits of BroccoliBest Workout Music – 90s Bollywood EditionWhy your way of Partying might be wrongHow I Gained So Much Weight | My JourneyLose Weight With Negative Calorie FoodsHow To Avoid Weight Gain During WorkKeto Diet/ Paleo Diet: Chicken Kheema recipeHow To Walk For Weight LossBest Ways To Control Food Cravings
Title: 7 Health Benefits of Quinoa
Sourced From: www.fitnessvsweightloss.com/7-health-benefits-of-quinoa/
Published Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 06:00:27 +0000